Like a few others posted, the fit of your shotgun is most important.

I started shooting trap when I bought my first shotgun just to learn how to shoot it. I started with league shooting then moved on to ATA registered shooting. When I started registered shooting I bought a Browning BT-99 with a 32" Improved Modified barrel and a 34" Full choked barrel.

I rarely used the Full choked barrel, and the IM barrel got me to class AA in 16 yard singles and to the 27 yard line in handicap. For trap doubles I bought a trap model Browning Citori over/under with Invector choke tubes. That gun got me into ATA class A doubles, which is a sanctioned trap event.

After I got to that level in trap I started shooting skeet. Again I started with league shooting then on to NSSA registered skeet shooting, all with my 30" barrel trap model Citori. I had Briley fit small guage insert tubes in that Citori so I could shoot 20, 28, and .410 shells in the same gun. That gun then got me into NSSA class AA or A in all four skeet gauges and class A in skeet doubles, which is also a sanctioned skeet event.

Then I used that same Citori to win the class AA sporting clays event at the Montana Big Sky State Games one year.

My point of all of this is just to show what can be accomplished with a proper fitting gun and a lot of practice.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member