I have a 30-40 Krag rifle and a carbine. I have 170 grain CL's loaded in the rifle and it gets 2325 fps with 47 grains of IMR4350. The bullets are designed for 30-30. I think I'll be trying 150 grain Hornady Interlock SP's next - I was surprised at how well those 150 H IL's expanded in white tail from a savage 99 300.

Those 4350 and 170 grain bullets shot pretty well - accurately as long as I did not shoot 5 rounds fairly quickly in the carbine. It's been sort of $hitty weather since I bought the rifle, so I have not shot it except for checking velocity of the load.

The carbine has as-issued sights, the rifle has an after market aperture sight on it. I don't expect to shoot anything over 200 yards, so I have not felt the need to have worked with any flatter shooting loads.

As I recall, I couldn't get 220 grain Hornady RN bullets to shoot well in the carbine, but have failed to record the results.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/17/21.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally