During our 2020 eastern Oregon elk hunt, I was introduced to a couple of hand made long bows by my hunting partner, Tim. He lives near John Strunk and has been stump shooting with him several times and really gotten the traditional bug.

He's passed the bug on to me and I bought one of the bows. He had two with him, but one in particular "spoke to me". I shot both of them many times during the trip and the blonde bamboo bow was a constant favorite.
Long story short, I bought it off of him and am starting my own journey back to my roots of traditionalist.

I bought a tab and will explore using it - may look for a high quality glove as well.
Going to play with the carbon arrows, Tim gave me with it - and a couple of bamboo shafts as well. Then team up with a local traditional expert to finalize on arrows - materials, spine and weight.

I shot recurve exclusively back in the 60's, before getting busy with life and moving on to compounds and rifles. I have a very few blacktails to my recurve credit. I don't see me using the new bow for deer, but turkeys will most likely get hassled lot!.

A few pics of the bow and myself shooting it in elk camp.

The " Bamboo Spirit Too" 68", 47# @ 28". Hand made by John Strunk, of Tillamook, OR.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nothing is safe now!

Hey! Where'd that one go ?

First two on left were Tim's... 2nd from left is the bow I bought.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....