My experience is similar to your projected use. I used an Aquasport 222 (22’) Center Console with twin outboards on Smith Lake, North of Birmingham, and out of Destin, FL for 19 years. We could haul the whole family, camp, ski, dive, fish, etc. Even though every boat is a compromise, it was a great choice for us. From the salt marshes to 50-60 miles offshore (on a good day), it worked well. In those days (late 70s- early 90s) the engines were not as reliable, so I thought I needed 2. I did have to come in on one engine twice in the 19 years I kept the boat.

I trailered it for the occasional fishing trips to Louisiana, Alabama, or Florida for trout and Redfish, King Mackerel, Mahi, and Snapper. We dove all over the Florida Keys with it, day and night. My Son and I did a 10 day camping trip from Branford FL down the Suwannee River to Suwannee FL, out into the Gulf, then to Crystal River, Homosassa, and back to Branford.

We now use a 24” Skeeter Bay boat with a single 200 HP Yamaha. Use is the same, but it rides better, is faster, and seems better suited to what we like to do. It’s in the middle Keys now, but will be using it and then bringing it back up in April.

The nice part about it is you can change your mind. Good Luck in your search.