I read and hear reports on quarter bores preforming better with certain loads, certain bullet weights, not an overall consensus on loads, just gun to gun. And that is OK, a lot of rounds are like that. I find mine tends to prefer certain types and weights of bullets, certain powders. And, it's a Loony's job to figure it out.

I have noticed that my Creed seems to be more consistent with a larger variety of combos than my 25-06 was or my .257 R is. Whereas a "bad" Roberts load may go 1 1//2" or more, a "bad" Creed loads generally group smaller; harder to find a "bad" Creed load, IME. Now, good loads out of both tend to shoot pretty close. I can't say my Shilen barreled Creed will out shoot my Brux barreled Roberts when fed optimal loads. They both can shoot one hole groups.

Whoops, did I open a can of worms, bringing up an unmentionable round... blush.

But it is what it is. Do I like my .257 R less. Absolutely not! I like it a bunch. I know what it prefers and that's what it gets fed. It does exactly what it's designed to do when I do my part. So does the Creed, pretty similar performance on game.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/24/21.