The 200gr bullets are some of the fastest killers of deer sized game, dumping them in their tracks in most cases, as long as impact velocity is decent, say above 2200 fps. Probably with round nose bullets this will even be more pronounced. When speeds drop much below that I'm not sure the the 35 bores really kill faster than anything else. The 200gr Hornady spire point as mentioned above is a very unsexy bullet but again I've found it kills faster than the .358 225s and 250s. And because it expands to a slightly smaller diameter than say the 225 game king, it penetrates fairly similarly (about .65 vs .75 in the ones I've caught). It's edges typically end up a fair bit sharper and more jagged than the 225 SGK as well. Which I also like.

The 225 SGK is accurate and I like them and if they are going fast enough they make a huge hole. But they are weirdly hard and below 2000 fps, (contrary to what I have seen elsewhere) I have found they do not expand at all. The 200gr hornadys open up at least down to 1900 fps and possibly lower, but I've caught them at 1900 +/- fps and they had expanded. Guessing the round nose hornadys might open up even slower. On a random note the 220 Sierras hot core flat noses need to be going about 1800-1850 to expand.