Near any full size half ton will do what you are looking for as far as fitting the family and pulling a smaller trailer. Is your '94 a daily driver or something that you use just on your outings? Most used lots have nothing but 4 door half ton trucks around here, so finding one shouldn't be too difficult. For mileage, I'd say a GMC or Chev with the 5.3 would be good in that price range. A small turbo like the 2.7 Ford would do better for mileage, but if you keep them forever like I do, I would stay with a medium size V8 for longevity. Toyota Tundra for longevity, but they cost more and are not as fuel efficient. Friends who have them all complain about the gas mileage. I'd be looking at sites like Auto Trader for a good idea of what is around in your price range. Ideally you could find a private seller with a low mileage, garaged, older trip truck that has depreciated because of it's age instead of it's condition.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory