NightForce 2.5-10x 42, MOAR, DigAllum, Zero Stop
NightForce 2.5-10x 42, MIL, DigAllum, Zero Stop

Just bought my first true long range scopes. I have talked about it & asked many questions here over the last four years or so.

Went to the range yesterday to sight in the MOAR @ 100 yards. I called Nightforce and discussed the starting point for elevation but did not even consider asking about the windage starting point. So, I simply started on the zero it was on when it came outta the box. Got it sighted in fine, set the Zero Stop on the elevation turret. Then I, in my shallow novice mind, popped the cap on the windage to do the same & then realized it did not have a zero-stop.

At this point, please entertain my ignorance. How am I to maintain my windage zero once I ever begin to turn that turret afield? Is it as simple a matter as recording its current zero setting & remembering where it is? Zero windage at 100 yds is currently at 2.0 on its index. Remembering things I did fails to come to mind at a recall attempt happens more often than not.

This all being my first attempt I will need more practice obviously. But, I'm looking for as much input as possible.

Last edited by Reloder28; 03/27/21.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee