This rifle was called the “Ultimate” or “Ultimate One” when built by Mark Bansner in 2011. This was his high-end lightweight mountain rifle in the line-up. The components include:

• Colt Light Rifle magnum action, RH
• Hart #3 contour barrel, fluted with 6 grooves, 25” length with 1:9 twist. Total length with brake is 25-1/2”.
• 3-row radial muzzle brake with ports angled slightly forward; very effective!
• Jewell Trigger
• High-Tech Specialties “Sheep Hunter” carbon fiber stock; light olive color with black and dark olive spatter paint. 13-3/8” LOP. 1” Decelerator pad.
• NULA heavy duty firing pin assembly
• ADL configuration with blind magazine
• Titanium color K-Cote polymer finish on all steel parts
• Talley steel bases and Talley screw lock detachable 30mm low rings, also K-Coted in titanium color

The build sheet for this rifle is shown in the gallery photos. The rifle cost $4,495 in 2011. Folks, this is a great custom lightweight rifle. The rifle weighs just 6 lbs. 0 oz. without the scope bases and rings. The original Timney trigger has been replaced with a Jewell trigger. The Colt Light Rifle action is a great action for making lightweight customs…..just ask Melvin Forbes. I spoke with Mark Bansner about this rifle, and it is one of two rifles he built on the CLR action. The rifle is well-balanced in the hand. I’m the 3rd owner and the rifle has had approx. 270 rounds down the tube. George at GAP will tell you a rifle/barrel combo in this configuration should easily last 1,000 rounds before any erosion of accuracy occurs. I was getting 1 MOA with Weatherby factory ammo. A handloader can certainly do better. Included is $130 worth of Talley bases and screw-lock 30mm rings, nicely coated in the titanium K-Cote to match the rest of the rifle.

The rifle is near perfect cosmetically. There is one very light scratch on one side near the muzzle. It’s so small I couldn’t get it to photograph. And there is a small spot on the bottom of the and grip where the spatter paint has worn off. That’s it. Otherwise the stock and metal are as-new. The only reason I’m selling is I just had the opportunity to buy a Barrett Fieldcraft. So I had to look in the safe and find something that has to go. I know I’m going to regret it, but at this point I’m in a toy-for-toy situation.

$2,200 shipped to your FFL from an individual with ID enclosed in the package. I’m also including two full boxes of Hornady Custom 154gr Interbond ammo in 7mm Weatherby Magnum. With the current ammo scarcity, 40 rounds should last you a while. Paypal FnF or USPS money orders please. I have a lot of photos so I made up two galleries. The Swaro scope shown in the photos is NOT included. Photos in the gallery here:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ner-ultimate-custom-7mm-weatherby-magnum

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ner-ultimate-custom-7mm-weatherby-magnum

Drop me a PM if you have questions. Folks this is a very nice, verified custom rifle from Mark Bansner. You won’t be disappointed.

Keith

Attached Images
IMG_9011.JPG (72.87 KB, 721 downloads)
Build Sheet.jpg (19.26 KB, 679 downloads)
Last edited by Ramblin99; 03/28/21.