I've got an A400 Xplor 28 ga with a 28" barrel, actual weight is 5#8oz. It balances right at the receiver/forend junction. Great shooting little wand. POI is perfect...just above POA...say 55/45 for me. I shoot some skeet and a bit of sporting clays/5-stand with mine. It works perfectly with reloads with Winchester AA cases, Alliant 20/28 powder and CB wads. It didn't like Federal hulls shot in a friends Browning O/U as a couple out of the one box I reloaded failed to eject properly.

The trigger on the 28 ga is about 4.5 # with some creep typical of a semi-auto...but better than my A400 Xcel Black 12 ga Sporter was pre-trigger job. I've ordered a magazine cap for the 28 ga that matches the stock Xcel Black medium weight cap. They are available in 3 weights, the black one adds about 4 ounces to the 28 ga for clay target sports...which I've been borrowing off my Xcel . Shot quite a few decent rounds of skeet with it so far.

The A400 action is super quick cycling, soft shooting given the light gun weight, easy to strip and clean and has proven super reliable. Good luck with it!

Edited to add the Beretta lineups all come with the Micro Core recoil pads. They are a step up from any other I've used on a shotgun. They don't hang-up on your shirt or coat and they really reduce weight, weighing about 1/2 what the Beretta rubber recoil pads weigh.. I like them so much I've ordered Micro Cores from Beretta for my 20 year old 12 ga 391 Sporting and 16 year old 20 ga 391 Teknys Sporting, and my my 21 year old 686 20 ga Silver Pigeon. Nice thing is the pads all interchange on the field guns (small size) and sporting guns (large size) going from present back 20 or more years. Various thickness are available. Big upgrade in my opinion having used the Micro Core on my newer A400s vs the old style.

Last edited by Kurt52; 03/30/21.