I've got clothes that have lasted me 30+ years using the Shamanic Baking Soda method. The baking soda is quite a bit easier on fabric than detergent. You're basically rinsing the clothes out a little bit and letting them dry up and then hitting them with more baking soda before you pack them away.

I think the thing you're forgetting is that just using an ozone generator does not remove the source of the stink. All your sweat and bacteria and oils and whatever stay on the clothes. You need to figure out a way to remove those contaminants. I've recently purchased an ozone generator for our basement. It's got a musty smell. The instructions specify giving everything a good cleaning before ozone treatment.

Crude example: Let's say you have an incontinent dog. The dog keeps soiling the carpet. You leave all the puddles and piles where they are-- maybe sweep the dry one out the door. You decide the best solution is an ozone generator because you don't want to wear out the carpet. I'll let you fill in the details.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer