Ok ... Ya' made me do it ... off to the reloading room and examined a few boxes of "Boolits"
on the the shelf, as I'm the Re-loadin Ho' ... for 5 or 6 fellow hunters.

These had an "X" on the base:
.270 110gr TTSX
7mm 145 LRX
.30 168 TSX
.30 168 TTSX
.30 175gr LRX
.338 210 TTSX

No "X" on the base (generally early "X" bullets)
7mm 140 X
7mm 150 X
.30 165 X
.338 210 X
.338 225 X
- - - -
Horse1:
I had just a few recovered Barnes "X"'s siting on the shelf ... Most of them launched over
the years (like the Energizer Bunny) exited and are still going .... and going ....

One was a 225gr X fired from a Whopper-stopper .340 W-Bee ... removed from a Very-dead Elk (420 yds) ...
ventilated both shoulder blades and stopped against the offside skin. It looks like a Poster child
for a Barnes Bullet Ad ... No "X" on the base.

and a .30 cal 168 gr (early X) ... fired from a .300 W-Bee at close range (65 yards), that smacked a small buck
at a very a shallow angle. He was feeding downhill, facing nearly straight away. I had a steady rest with my
left hand solidly against a Fir tree ... He brought his head up ... ID'ed as a Buck, head went back down ...
caressed the trigger ... he slumped to the ground. On dressing him out, the bullet entered behind the last rib,
took out 5 or 6 ribs going forward, through the chest, into the neck, bi-sected the spine ... stopped by the skin
on the far-side of the neck ... approx 32 inches of penetration. No "X" on that base.
- - -
Silver_Bullet

Range it ... Dial it ... Send it !