I'e never shot a 257 Robert's or a 250-3000 but have used the 25-06 quite a bit. I don't have woods hunting close anymore but what ever load shot to my satification is the bullet I'd use regardless where I was using it! In my 25-06 I tried 100gr bullet's and didn't like them at all. Killed like lighting but God forbid you nicked anything you wanted to eat! Went to 117gr Hornady SP and didn't kill as suddenly but deer never went more than a few yds and would just lay down dead. Now this was all open country shooting. But other than the range the shot is taken at I don't see a lot of difference in what bullet to use. You either have a clear shot or you don't. Then it is a matter of bullet placement. Then a heavy for cal bullet will be driven at lower velocity to hold together better and heavier bullet driven at the same velocity as a light bullet should penetrate better. I don't think I'd care for the 117gr RN but then shouldn't be a thing wrong with it either. The important thing in this discussion is not so much the load you choose to shoot but rather the shot your willing to take!