So last fall I sent a box of parts to Shaen @ Shaen Rifles and he sent me back a rifle that turned out exactly as I had hoped. Everything about that build is perfect and for anyone not familiar with Shaen he is just a heck of a nice guy to deal with and as far as the quality of his work he's at the top of his game.

Since that rifle turned out so good I figured lets do it again wink I always like having "twins" so off went another box of parts. Just got this one back yesterday evening so haven't shot it yet but thought I'd post a couple pictures. Other than the color of the stock - this one is brown & black speckle and the scope parts are all the same as the 1st one. We did decide to coat the action/rings/bottom metal in Birdsong Black-T and I think it turned out pretty darn slick.

I have no doubt this one will shoot as good as the first one, which has been just a fantastic shooting rifle with pretty much everything I have tried which has been limited to factory ammo.

Thanks Shaen for another outstanding rifle!!

Specs:
7MM-08 grin
Defiance Machine Rebel short action, sheep cut port, extra deep flutes on bolt, Remington style bolt handle with teardrop bolt knob
Proof Research carbon fiber stock
Bartlein #4 contour carbon wrapped barrel, 1-8.5" twist, finished @ 23"
TriggerTech primary trigger
Hawkins aluminum BDL with Wyatts mag box/spring/follower
Action,rings,bottom metal all coated with Birdsong Black-T - action runs nice and slick!
Talley Lwt lows
Schmidt & Bender PM II 10x42
Rifle only weighs just under 6lbs.
As it sits sans bi-pod 7 lbs 8 ozs

I apologize for the quality of the pictures - never can get then just right - but can guarantee the rifle is perfect.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The "Twins".

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 03/30/21.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"