Originally Posted by rockdoc
I bought a Legend stock for my Mod 70Win custom 375H&H. D’Arcy did the two cross bolts and a friend doing the work used one of Duane’s bottom metals. Was converted Classic 270. Barrel profiled same as my 1913 H&H magazine takedown 375 H&H Belted Mag. Weighs 8lbs10oz with Leupold 1.5-5x and Talley Steel QD mounts.

I did have my friend shorted and slim the forend. Lovely rifle.

Dirtfarmer, great rifle. I wish Winchester had bought out the RUM Mod 70’s to Australia.

Thanks, it did turn out pretty nice.

I traded it after shoulder surgery, hopefully it'll get to Africa or somewhere it will shine.

After the .404J build, I think if I was going to build another big gun it would be .416 Rem. One could use a regular full length 3.6" magnum action without any modifications. The .416 Rem seems to be gaining popularity in Africa from what I've heard and read.

The SS .416 Ruger seems popular in Alaska. I think it's the whole package that led to its popularity, a package that works for that climate.

A good bud hunted buff in Zim, used his .416 Rigby, Ruger Safari Magnum. His PH carried a well used, push feed M-70 in .416 Rem. He liked the big RSM, but said it was too heavy. The .416 Rem will do all one needs to do in that bore size and do it in a lighter, less expensive package. What's not to like.

DF