Originally Posted by T_Inman
gitem, if you look into the other suggestions above and still have not made your mind up, two other brands I have found to be durable, but also adjustable enough to fit over packs and winter pant legs are the Markhor Aravis and Sleeping Indian wool.

You'll pay for the Sleeping Indian, and they're heavy wool, deep winter snow kind of gaiters, but they (at least mine) easily fit over packs, base layers and my Mackinaw wool bib pant legs. The Markhor are more of a general use gaiter and also fit over packs and heavy winter clothing. I have no idea what the circumference of my calves are (I am a T post kind of build, so take that into account) but they fit me just fine.

My only complaints are the cable heel strap on the Markhor gets little frays in it which can hurt if you don't handle it right. The boot strap on the Sleeping Indian is a bit odd too, in that it is supposed to wrap around your foot twice and is made from (I believe) cordura which can collect balled up ice. I end up just wrapping it twice around my ankle tightly instead of underneath the arch of my boots.

i bought the kenetreks on sale for 35 bucks il try them out. if they don't work I may look at the Markhors. thanks

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell