Went to my LGS yesterday with my favorite lady's son in law who was going to fill out the paperwork for a NICS check for a Marlin 60 1977 vintage I found for him there.

While it is basically a tactical shop they do get some nice old school rifles in on consignment and I have gotten a few nice 700's and 760's there, so I always watch.

Anyways, no rifles that interest me but I see a yellow box on the shelf behind the counter. What's in that yellow box I ask? Oh, just a scope that's in on consignment was the bored reply.
Let me see that I said, so he hands me the box and out pops an old school El Paso Weaver V9 3X9 with adjustable objective. The box is beat but the scope is like brand new outside of 1 slight ringmark on the bottom of the scope. How much I ask? He tells me, and I say I'll take it.

When the box was moved I spotted a Denver Redfield Low Pro Widefield which was 4X. I tell Kimball that that would go nice on the 22 Marlin. Again I ask how much? All the scopes there on consignment are the same price comes the reply. Kimball will take it.

When that scope was moved out I spot a little shiny scope, high gloss, 20MM objective lens and a big gold ring near the end of the objective lens. A Leupold Vari X III 1.5X5 like brand new. I said I'll take that one too.

I'm not even going to say what we paid for them no one would even believe it, but suffice it to say we walked out of there with 3 old school scopes for less than what the cheapest one of the 3 was worth.
Sometimes the blind squirrel finds a nut, LMAO.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people