Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
For the last several years while likely future ban items were cheap that has been the focus of my collecting and still is when I see something on my want list reasonably priced along with four NFA items sitting in NFA jail now. At heart and soul what I really love collecting and shooting are nice classic blued steel and walnut guns. I hope to get back to more of that soon. I’d like to put a Colt Gold Cup Series 70 in the safe along with a Colt Gen two SAA and an original S&W 586, a pre war model 70 chambered in 300 H&H Mag, and a couple of JM stamped Marlins chambered in either .357 or 44 Mag and a 45/70 Gov. The fun of collecting to me is that never ending want list and making progress towards that never finished list.

I've got the prewar Winchester Model 70 covered with a really nice specimen, but not in .300 H&H Magnum. Mine's in .30-06. Also, like the Government Model, totally unmessed with. No scope ever mounted on it. No mods whatsoever. Great trigger. Accurate. In great condition, too. Love that gun.