I was at a local store and they had a Sako L61r. I was really interested in the rifle because it was in a cartridge I have been interested in finding.

When I went to open the bolt, I lifted the handle and began to cycle the action. At about a half inch or so of travel, the bolt hangs up. So, I dropped the bottom metal and follower to see if it was hanging up on that, still hung up. I could with some force get the bolt to open, but it wasn't working right. I asked the guy working there to check it out also. He had the same issue with the rifle. It wasn't a normal bolt operation. At the very back of the tang, the bluing was worn a little bit. This was the base of the action where the inlet occurs. The metal wasn't below the stock, so it didn't appear to be an inletting issue. The wear did seem a little odd, but maybe it's normal cause the bolt would ride there if it wasn't fully supported by the action.

Any thoughts on what it could be? How can I check to be sure it is the correct bolt in the gun?

I had an issue once with a Remington 700 where the screw used to hold the scope base on was too long and interfered with the bolt. I couldn't see anything inside like that, but maybe it could be where i couldn't see it?

Thanks