Originally Posted by aalf

My portable version......

I've settled on two pieces of half inch glued & screwed together as a good compromise between weight & stiffness.

48" x 30", rounded corners, and a 10" x 16" cutout.

Indoor/outdoor carpet on the top, folded under & stapled.

Folding banquet legs from Menards on the bottom. Off set so the lay flat.

Weight is 37 pounds.

Used to be under $50.00 to build at the old prices.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Buddy of mine had one of these and I told him how much I admired it. Top was a little different, plywood with an edge board so ammo and other parts like scope covers and tools don't fall off while shooting. I usually put a shooting mat on mine while shooting.. Last birthday one showed up in the back of his vehicle when we went shooting with my name on it... Great little set up, very light and portable to move around, and pretty darned stable. If I get time this year I'm going to build a rotating unit like the ones sold at Midway, etc.... but a bit heavier.

Started shopping for parts and I found the folding legs for these (or I should say the tables they come on) are on craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for dirt cheap quite often, even sometimes free because people just want them gone. Mine has adjustable legs by inserting the adjustable legs from those handicap portable toilet stands that fit right into the bottom of the legs. Drill a couple holes and you can adjust about 6-8" up and down.

Bob

Last edited by Sheister; 04/10/21.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.