I have moved or helped a friend move out of Alaska 3 times since 2003. I bought a U-Haul for $3500 drove to Iowa pulling a jeep behind. Painless until re-entering the USA our border patrol can be tedious.
>>>>>>The Highway is not an option this year.

>>>>>>AMH is running Very few ferries, the gap to Wrangell was from Nov last year to Feb this year with delays and a disabled ship so far this year.

>>>>>>We moved my friend from The Valley to The Midwest last summer. By freight FIFTY THREE FEET of semi trailer LENGTH ! Everything, lawn mowers, power tools a lathe... in the semi trailer and a 3/4 ton Dodge truck and a Crown Vic.The trucking company is on 4th street in Anchorage. We boxed and inventoried everything then the trucking crew packed it garage to trucks..They also inventoried every thing ! I did not write the check for that move guessing on the order of $40K

>>>>>>My second move was 2017 Juneau to Portland Or. One 24' container from my driveway in Juneau $4400 delivered to about 20 feet from the door of my storage unit, in Portland. I rented a U-Haul parked it between the container and the storage unit door. I unloaded the essentials into the U-Haul and everything else went into a 20 foot storage unit. I unpacked it in a day. The next day AML removed the container. ALL WENT WELL! We also drove a vehicle after a ferry ride to Prince Rupert but that port is closed maybe forever! Not that long ago an it seems very inexpensive.

Rates NORTHBOUND were about twice of the cost to ship South. But the demand has been freight up...empty ships down. Guessing Southbound is still less money than Northbound. Seems folks are leaving Alaska so that may even shipping charges (?)

>>>>>> Lastly, We moved a 15 passenger one ton van and a Nissan sedan by Samson Tugs, Seattle to Wrangell. The van was full of books and sporting goods. Cost was $3600 We flew PDX To WRG.>>>>>>>>> Northbound is still expensive.

Watch 'Yer Topknot!