I just need to rant a bit about how disappointed I am at what Cabela's has become. I have always considered Cabelas to be my favorite outdoor gear supplier. On many of my cross country hunting and fishing trips a visit to a different Cabela's store was always a fun part of the road trip. I have used their credit card for years and always enjoyed the customer service and liberal return policy. I have ordered through the on line store many times recently and the shipping as well as the process updates emailed were always perfect. Recently I ordered 3 items for my boat and the initial shipping estimate was 5 days which fell in line with what I had previously experienced. I needed the equipment ordered to finish up a trolling motor replacement and wanted it done so I could start my open water fishing season. On line stated all 3 items were in stock and so I decided to order rather than purchase locally. After 5 days I contacted customer service to check the status and they said there was a short delay due to order volume but that it would be shipped soon. At that point I decided it would be arriving soon and figured I would give it another day or two and then call again. 2 days later I called customer service again and got the same story so I told them I wanted to cancel the order and had was buying what I needed locally. The rep said I couldn't cancel and when i asked when it was going to be shipped he said he couldn't tell but was sure it was sitting on a shipping pallet somewhere and all would be ok. I said then I will just return the 3 items for a refund and he said that would be OK. Several days later 2 of the items came to the house followed by the third a few days later. I looked at the shipping email and there was a button for a prepaid shipping return label. I clicked on that with both computer and cell phone email access and nothing happened. I contacted customer service once again and explained I wanted a return label and he said he could do that for me but would be charged something like $7.50 as a return fee. I said I have returned many items in the past and never had to pay. He said since Cabela's was bought by Bass Pro that there was a new policy. He said if I still wanted to return the 3 items I could do it for free at any Cabela's or Bass Pro store.The nearest Cabela's is 6 hours away and Bass Pro is 3 hours. This whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I just wanted to rant a bit. I am done with them at this point and to think I was going to order a 30K tracker fishing boat as soon as orders for 2022 could be made. Now I'll buy another brand just on principle. I explained all this to the service rep and he said that he was sorry I was angry but there was nothing that could be done. So at least I get some satisfaction airing it out on social media. Now I feel better...thanks for listening.

living the good life every day