Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’ve had a simple cartridge filter for 25 years with a culligan water softener. Looking to upgrade bigly. Looking at the Aquasana Rhino with salt free softener and a UV filter at the tail end.
www.aquasana.com/whole-house-water-filters/rhino-well-water-with-uv-filter-100237393.

Anyone have experience with this or another system you’d recommend?

Your asking some pretty generic questions here, So your going to get generic answers,

Your link took me nowhere in particular so I'm not sure what Unit/s you're looking at,

You did mention "salt free", which means it's technically not a softener but a 'conditioner' , They do not produce soft water, and the life of the resin is but a few years at best. Then it will need replacing.....Be very clear on that...

UV, why? you have live organisms in your water? Otherwise, whats the goal here also?

Ignore most advice here, from people who have no clue whats actually in your water, and get good advice/info from the local pro's who do this stuff everyday.

I've seen many uneducated homeowners throw so much money into plumbing systems and water treatment systems just for the 'feel good' of it.

But, hey, if mama's happy...everyone's happy.......I totally get that.

Good advice here.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile