Gentlemen, thank you.

I will be hunting herds and I’m concerned about shooting through and hitting another animal. How do the 400TBBC penetrate? From what I’ve been able to find (read on line, no real world first hand experience!) I would guess them to probably act about like an A frame and penetrate well but probable be caught by the far side hide. But again, this is an arm chair hypothesis!

I thought I had it all figured out! Bought a CZ416.... bought two boxes of 350 TSX. THE bullet I wanted to use. The rifle shot them great. I shot the rifle a fare amount..... then NO more bullets.

MD, if you read this this question is for you ( or anyone else with real world experience).

My “back up” rifle is a CRF M70 375RUM. It is quite a bit lighter than the CZ and I think we will probably doing a lot of walking. I’m FULLY confident in that rifle and have had it for probably 20+ years. It’s very accurate and I have a large stash of the old 300gr fail safe bullets. It was the rifle I built long ago when I was dreaming of hunting buffalo as a much younger man. But I’m concerned about that bullet at the velocity I’m pushing them shooting clear through a buff. My PH said we will be hunting large herds. Should I be overly concerned about over penetration? Also, will rifle weight be that big of a deal ?

I’m 47 years old and in pretty good shape.

I’m sure I’m over analyzing this!

Thank you again,
Ben