Paul,
Several guys in the pistol forum have tried this. Some have been doing it for years. As you may recall, this is not the first shortage so there more experience with this out there than you might expect.

From what I've read, there seem to be few issues with revolvers and if you are really worried in your striker fired guns, just put in a heavier striker spring.

Also I'd star away from the CCI 41's which are specifically made with a heavier cup for use in AR, and CCI 450's which are magnum primers and also have heavier cups.

Standard non-magnum, non-benchrest small rifle primers shouldn't be a problem are seem to be pretty close, if in some cases not identical to small pistol magnum primers.

Overall, I'm in good shape, but have more small pistol magnum than rifle primers than small rifle, so at some point I may experiment going the other direction, but hopefully supplies lines clear up first.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell