Originally Posted by buttstock
Sightron SII. Big Sky. 3-9x or 3.5-10x.

They don't make them anymore. The Sightron SII Big Sky scope line was a big step up in glass quality over the Sightron SII, and had features from the higher level SIII scope line ( tracking design, and 7 layers of lens coating). They have a lifetime warranty, and were made in Japan. An outstanding scope, with a generous eye relief of 4" to boot, and resettable adjustment knobs.

The reason Sightron discontinued the SII Big Sky series was that it was too close in quality to their premium Sightron SIII series, and took away sales from the SIII.

Sightron SII Big Sky scopes are out there, but not often enough I guess the owners know "the secret." If you see one, grab it fast.

Another fine scope is a Burris Signature series (discontinued). A big step up optically over the very solid Fullfield series.

I spoke with Sightron support a while back and they confirmed that the SII Big Sky is basically an SIII with a 1 inch tube. Excellent scopes if you can find one. I got a 3-12x42 off of ebay for $300. Its been a while.

Last edited by JimFromTN; 04/19/21.