Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Too many to count for me.

One is a visiting woman woman at our Presbyterian church on Christmas Eve, singing, How Great Thou Art.

Reading the lyrics from a card, thinking she was fooling us.

If this rises to the level of a memory you’d like to forget, you must not have an ex-wife. Actually, if it even rises to the level of a memory, you must have a pretty dull life. I don’t know whether to pity you or envy you.

No doubt. grin
For about 18 months after Carol walked out, I literally didn’t care if I lived or died. A very dark world I pray I never enter again.
I’ve been lucky otherwise. I’ve lost Mom & Dad, but if forgetting that pain means forgetting the two of them, or for that matter the happy years with Carol, no thanks.
Life ain’t always been smooth, but the bumps have been well worth the ride.
I’m disappointed and disgusted with myself over doing nothing about our Republic, but I got no interest in destroying anybody or anything. Maybe the game ain’t over yet. I never count out prayers, and I’m praying God still has use for America.
So are a lot of good people.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden