Originally Posted by byd
Just like the title said for shooting grouse while elk hunting.

I've been on a perpetual journey for the same. Tried MP .22's (too bulky), SW617 (heavy), North American Arms micro pistol, and most recently a SW317. Finding something accurate and lightweight is the challenge. I can more than hold my own in the accuracy department, but damn if some of the .22's being produced today are useful for anything better than hitting garbage cans at 7 yards. The SW317 is super light, but the sights suck. Who thought some combat h-viz fiber optic was good on a .22 kit gun???? When you do get the sights to line up, accuracy is marginal at best. Maybe 5 of the 8 cylinders will put holes in golf ball sized group at 10 yards, but the other three shots will open the group up to 3 inches. I've marked the chambers so it's not the chambers, I actually think the forcing cone needs to be reamed cleaner. The NAA was about the same as the 317. Its sights are very crude, but if you know where to hold it would work, sometimes. I'm thinking an old-school SW34 might be a better option for accuracy. They actually cared about things like accuracy a few decades ago. Will come at the price of several ounces. The G44 might be an option if you don't mind always using HV ammo. I like the CB and quiet rounds which only function in a revolver.