This summer it seems I have all my money spent before I even get it. Between tutition, which rose again, and rent, most of my money is spent. However, I have to get something for myself. In addition to working up a new load for my 7mm Rem Mag, I am looking to bed the stock. The rifle is a Rem BDL with a factory wooden stock. I have come to the conclussion that I am going to glass bed it for certain and possibly pillar bed it. So I have some questions:

1. a- Do I need to pillar bed it?
b- Which order...glass first or last?

2. Any suggestions for the best glass bedding kit to be bought? Pillar bedding kit?

3. Anything I should know about before I do this...hints and tips from the experts. I hear it isn't a hard procedure, but it is still one I want to get right.

Finally, I read in a recent magazine about how someone drilled grooves in their stocks, along the forearm and through the handgrip, and bedded old saw files or fishing poles in the stock to help it resist warping and twisting. I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of or done this and their thoughts on whether they think it is necessary. Remember, this is an as issued, mass produced factory wooden stock. Not going to be the choicest wood. If anyone has done this, I would like some detailed instructions on procedure. Also, although I have access to plenty of saw files (Trail Crew for Forest Service...saw files up the yang), I am a little concerned they might add a little weight. I was wondering is as a lighter alternative people thought arrow shafts, aluminum or graphite, would work?

I know this is alot of questions but I would appreciate any info you guys could provide me. Thanks.

Live free or die.