Lastnight I put a Soderin diopter on my m96 Swedish mauser. I figure the rifle has proven to be an excellent shooter, so it deserves a better rear sight. I almost went with an Elit front and rear diopter set, but didnt want to shell out $400.00 on sights for the old girl. Anyone else use them? I prefer an aperture rear sight. And before you ask why? Its because I only use this rifle for my clubs military rifle shoots. Funny background story about this rifle. I bought it about 3 or 4 years ago. It was a friday. I had enough time to buy 3 boxes of factory ammo, a die set and bullets and take it to the range before the first shoot I took it to the next day (Saturday). It shot about a foot high, but was very accurate. I had to hold real low on the targets at the shoot, but managed to shoot in the high 90's. This was with handloads I threw together the night before. No load development or testing for accuracy. Didn't have time before the shoot, so I went in with a blind load, thinking it would work just fine. Keep in mind this was a new rifle, dies, and first time I'd loaded for a 6.5x55. Now that I've had more time with the rifle, I see its accuracy potential, and its impressive for an iron sight rifle. I've also replaced the front sight with a taller +1.5, to bring poi down to the center of the target at 100 yards. Some say by switching to a diopter sight, group size is generally reduced by 20-30%. Im excited to find out. These old rifles are a kick in the pants to shoot. Share your experience. Thanks

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA