Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
So I am joining the black powder club. What do you gentlemen suggest for powder measures or any other equipment that may be specialized for black powder? I have a sharps carbine and hope to shoot a cast 405 grain bullet.

Some will caution on the use of anything plastic for funnels and powder measures due to the potential for static electricity and sparks. I've used plastic funnels with BP for years without issue. I usually weigh charges with BP so never a saw the need for aluminum powder measures. A drop tube is considered a necessity - an aluminum arrow shaft is the easy answer to that. Buffalo Arms sells compression dies for compressing the powder so you don't deform bullets while seating and compressing powder at the same time. I use one and feel it's a good idea. The debate on wiping between shots vs using a blow tube to control fouling is a personal preference. I started wiping and now get comparable results with a blow tube and tend to go that route now. You'll need to clean your cases after you shoot - hot soapy water and Buffalo Arms sells a scrub brush for getting inside the cases.