Just bought this beautiful G2 in 204 and trying to decide which direction to go with regards to barrels. I'd pretty much decided to downsize my rifle caliber range to .223 (black rifles), .243, .308, and 44 mag. I have a 22-250 and 6.5 Creedmoor I'm thinking to sell and now suddenly I have a 204 as well. (All these, not to mention the 256 Winchester I inherited from my Dad (Marlin Model 62) which I'll keep). My downsizing thoughts were that I could cover every need with those calibers, avoid duplicity, and simplify my ammo supply.

In time, I know I could get a barrel in each of the calibers I've decided to keep and maintain the versatility of each round with different rifles.

In the meantime, if I was going to trade/sell the 204 and get another barrel I've been thinking 45-70 for whatever reason. Seems like that would be a hoss on this frame but they make them so why not? Yes, it's adding another caliber and yes, I can mostly cover what it would do with what I have but just a thought. Any input?

Anyhow, wondering how some of you have managed your gun calibers overall and how you've used your Contender/Encore for fun/versatility/diversity.

Here are the pics https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/16037007#Post16037007