Just picked up a nice Uberti Cattleman 1873 revolver in .32-20 Winchester, 7 1/2" bbl. Preparing for the pistols arrival I started acquiring .32-20 ammo from where ever I could find it: Gunbroker and a couple out of the way gun shops. I have coming some Winchester, silver box of 50, 100 grain stuff, some Remington, yellow and green box, 100 grain stuff and a couple of boxes of HSM cowboy loads, 115 grain. I also have coming some Remington Express "Rifle" rounds, 100 of them in a ammo can. All the while waiting I've done a lot of research and have been reading a lot about safely shooting these various rounds. Folks speak of too much pressure for a revolver, cylinder binding from rim thickness too large or cylinders out of round. Overall cartridge length too long, thin brass, and on and on. I always thought the rifle ammo from the factory would work safely in modern firearms as a nice rifle/pistol combo. I did not know some rounds for rifle should not be fired in pistols. I intend to read the ammo boxes closely when they finally arrive but now I'm thinking I may have bought the wrong ammo. I'm also waiting on the revolver as well to read the manual closely as well. I would like the advice and comments from the membership as to how I can determine which ammo is safe to shoot in my new revolver. I am not a reloader and I will have to rely on what factory rounds I can find in the future as I have seen boxes available from Winchester, Remington, HSM and Black Hills and some others. This stuff ain't cheap, so far 7 boxes of 50 rounds each factoring in shipping has so far set me back $600-$700 dollars. My original thought was to have a nice western pistol although a reproduction to maybe one day try CAS at a local range. I'm worried now I may have gotten off track and I damn sure don't want to hurt myself or others if shooting wrong ammo. Let me know your thoughts on my predicament as I am eager to learn more about this cowboy cartridge. I have a Uberti SAA revolver in 22LR and love it but I'm not so sure on this centerfire one. Sorry for the long rant but looking forward to hearing back from those in the know. Thanks Richard.