Originally Posted by JonnyGumbo
Hello all, i had mentioned in the past few months about looking for a .416 or .375 to get into the big bore game, specifically a new winchester 70, but was having trouble finding one. I finally found one and posted about it on here a while back looking for ammo and such, anyways i figured id go ahead and post a pic of it.

Win 70 Alaskan .375 H&H with a steiner gs3 2-10x42...it was NIB and according to Winchester was one of the last made in the US before assembly was moved to Portugal. I ended up finding 3 boxes of armscor 300 grain nosler accubonds loaded in norma brass, and also acquired everything else needed for reloading.

So far ive put 35 rounds thru it, from sticks and on a lead sled. This is the biggest rifle ive shot..i normally shoot a .30-06 or .264 wm..and i must say the recoil is not bad at all, almost not worth mentioning. I was very suprised. 2 of the groups i shot from the lead sled were less than 3/4 inch (3 shot grp) which is more than adequate imo. Also did some rapid fire off sticks and no feeding issues yet.

Very pleased with this rifle so far!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now that rates a Two-Cool!

cool cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”