CNN. Mainstream media? Well there goes your obvious crazy anti science left wing bias again. perhaps the well regarded CBC? lol

Originally Posted by saddlegun
I commend you for your comprehensive research.

However, the diversity of your sources is a bit odd.

CNN - mainstream media
Washington Examiner - conservative media
The Muslim Times - ??

The CNN report indicates that the drug is somewhat effective with 13 % dying with the drug and 26% dying without it. That is if the drug is administered quite early before serious symptoms appear. While not an overwhelming success story, it is enough I guess that it has some value for those already ill.

The Washington Examiner report cites that persons who tested positive early on for covid19 were 84% less likely to be hospitalized if they received the drug. It appears that as a kind of therapeutic vaccine for those with no symptoms that it has value.

The Muslim Times article claims that 91.7% of patients who received HCL and AZ together immediately after testing positive, but who were not ill, were cleared of the virus and did not become ill.
However, I noted that no mention was made of a control group, who also tested positive but did not receive the HCL-AZ drug.
You do have to wonder how many of such a control group would have been hospitalized or died.

It appears that if this drug is administered very early that it is effective, but is not very effective for those who are already hospitalized and ill.