Had the covid last winter, lost 2 months of my life and dang near died of it, the issue was in doubt for a few days. Have been SLOWLY recovering, Doc sent me to physical therapy/rehab as almost all of my strength had gone away, have been doing some simple exercises and seems to be helping. Still very short-winded and weak. Anyway, talking with the PT guy a few days ago, lamented to him that I had lost almost all my ability to shoot due to weakness, etc, he told me to go shoot anyway in hopes that it would come back.

I have a regulation 10 meter airgun range in my basement along with an FWB300s target gun, iron sights, and a Beeman R-8 sporter with a Beeman 3x9 scope set at 9x. Shot for the 4th times this evening and saw a little improvement. With the FWB, it is just about too heavy right now , a little over 12 pounds, but I will keep trying. Being short winded, I can only hold my breath for about 6 seconds before the target disappears out of the front sight and everything goes grey, even though I have the largest aperture in. It's from my eye running out of oxygen. Also , pretty shakey, I can only get a decent sight picture for 2-3 seconds and it drifts out into left field.

With the Beeman , I can do fairly well as it is a lighter rifle and has the scope.

My goal so far is to be able to reliably put 10 shots in the black on the 10 meter target, tonight I got 8 with the FWB and the Beeman both, which is progress as I was only getting 3-4 when I started.

Being 80 years old doesn't help, I'm sure. Beats the alternative. grin Glad our club has a weekly .22 benchrest shoot, I'll do a lot better at that.

Last edited by jnyork; 05/03/21.

[Linked Image]