I like old Winchesters and I buy them when I can. But...

I remember when Model A coupes, 49 Mercury's, 2 door 51 and 52 Chevy's with split manifold and lake pipes, and 40 Ford coupes besides others were hot. Then it was the muscle cars...

I like nice oil rubbed walnut stocks. My son won't shoot his 30-06 that I gave him - I spent a lot of time on that stock. He prefers the cheap synthetic stocked 270 Mossberg instead. I understand that that is common with young shooters.

My neighbor had a collection of old Farmall tractors somewhere between 30 and 40 of them. He had them in top running condition - nice paint - nice rubber - really in top condition. He loved his old Farmall tractors. The doctor told him that he should get his affairs in order and that meant besides everything else selling his beloved Farmall tractors. Those tractors sold for about 50% of what they would have maybe 5 to 10 years earlier. In his mind, they were beautiful and they were worth a lot of money. I went to him after the sale was about 3/4's done. I knew he wasn't getting the money that I thought he would get. He explained to me that the guys that grew up with those old tractors were too old to be buying and many have passed away.

I liked the old Winchesters, still do. I especially like the pre-war lever actions, especially the 92's, the 86's, 85's, and the 94's. I'd buy them if and when I can afford them. But my kids would sell them the day after I gave them to them and buy a modern rifle for less money and pocket the change.

Thankfully my oldest son said that he'd never sell the 1930's vintage Model 12 that my dad bought new and gave to me and I gave to to my son. But in my estate sale, I'm thinking the kids will let my "prizes" go.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally