i know this has been revived but: Yea Pappy, i saw that test too; i been using it for about 6 years, no problems BUT i saw a video on foxpro
(still there) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FapuoQP6Uy0 on applying it. EXCEPT
I strip the firearm, clean pieces in very hot soapy water, (like i used to clean my old black powder poles) then rinse off with hot boiling water, use heat gun till part i am going to apply it to is almost too hot to handle then rub froglube on it, set it aside, hit the next piece of metal, after an hour or so there is a white hazy film on the metal, buff it off with a soft rag. Its usually the first thing i do to a new firearm, (i don’t heat the springs)

Then i use very lightly on a sm piece of rag i keep arround with it on it when cleaning after a range session or two or finished hunting with that firearm. More on the patch to clean the barrel.

Never any gummy problems or issues with firing pins or sliding actions, did same with AR. i could see that if you did not do the heat process it could maybe cause issues.

Guess i didn’t realize its been that long ago, so should probably give the older ones another coat, also it did not affect the finish on the ruger american predator barrel, as yet no rust on anything. The can i bought, i have probably given away more than i have used myself, a little bit goes a long way.
Thats my experience with it. still using it.