Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Great looking stocks. When I bought my stainless MKII 243 I intended to replace the stock. After a few years I grew to like how well it worked for me. The boat paddle stocks are butt ugly but really functional.

I’d agree with a .243 or such. An ‘06 shooting 200 gr bullets and such, maybe not. And I want this rifle to comfortably handle heavies. So, knowing the reputation of the boat paddle as not being recoil friendly with big kickers, I fitted it with the new Limbsaver AirTech pad. As noted before, it is thicker than the factory pad, extended the LOP to 14”. Those pads tend to be a bit sticky, although the Limbsaver tech assured me their new formula doesn’t “melt” like the old ones tended to.

Setting it up for winter hunting, I decided the LOP and sticky feeling pad wasn’t what I wanted. And, I had to stock crawl the get a full view thru the scope. I have std height SS Ruger rings, didn’t want to go with a different ring set up. So, the next step was a different stock, knowing what I could get for the boat paddle, which is a good bit more than the Boyd costs.

Just Loony thinking. You know how that works.

DF