" Btw, it's not my eyes making the dots irregular, I verified that." Well, my previous statement's wrong, turns out it is due to a bit of astigmatism in my left eye.

Went and read reviews on the Holosun, that lead to searching for "reflex sight reticle sharpness" and that lead me to an article that showed how to verify the shape of the dot by taking a picture of it with a camera. Turns out the pictures show a perfectly round dot on one of the two Burris Fastfire III's I own so I'll assume the other is the same.

The good news is that medical developments in my life may have fixed that somewhat. I haven't looked through those sights in a year or more, they've just sat on a shelf. During that time, December 2020 and February 2021 to be exact, I had cataract surgery on both eyes with the replacement lenses being set for "distance" which is basically anything just beyond arms length.

I just tried the Burris and Sig again. Still can't see the dots as being perfectly round with the unaided eye but I also got new glasses to go with the new eyes. My distance vision is fine so they are set up as computer and reading glasses. If I look through the very top of them the dot now appears nice and round. Still unusable for handgun sights since I have to literally use the very top edge of the glasses lens but on a rifle that might be doable.

The Sig seems a little better, maybe that's just the 2 MOA dot vs the 3 MOA of the Burris.

These aren't the greatest pics but they do show the reticle as a nice round circle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sonuvabitch. In one way it kind of sucks that I've been beating my head against this for several years now but it's also good to find out that it's always been me and not the sights. Now that I have a workaround I might go out and try some different ones again, maybe try some holographic sights to see how they stack up.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!