Originally Posted by sackett
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

It's natural to be cynical about that, but remember that Ford's warranties are backed up when Motorcraft and other recommended parts and consumables are used.

Nothing wrong with using the factory parts but they can't deny warranty claims because you used an aftermarket filter, it's federal law.

Here is the law: magnuson-moss

There are caveats to that law, but I get what you're saying, Crow hunter.

It's an interesting subject I never thought to investigate, meaning, the standards aspect of it all. Most of us have probably checked out the API standard requirements for for motor oil for our our vehicles because it provides a little extra confidence in selecting motor oil. Until today I haven't thought of looking into similar standards for selecting oil filters. If such do exist, I have yet to find them. It appears to be a whole different kettle of fish. The only oil filters I have on hand right now are some Motorcraft and some Super Tech. The packaging for both Super Tech part numbers I have in the garage denote the SAE HS-806 standard---whatever that is, and the Motorcraft packaging omits all such info. Curiosity has awakened.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.