Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
I gots one of them 257 pipsqueaks. Ive never used it yet. Folks here seem to hold it in high reguard. Oddly i prefer something with more mass and weight but i read that it still gets stuff done reguardless just probably never for me. Wish i come to enjoy it but i have deep quarter bore scars from decades ago

Well at least you haven't rebarreled it to .308 yet! I remember folks on the 'Fire having a meltdown when you posted about doing that (including me!).
I've been having real good luck lately with those super cheap 115 Partitions with the .525" ogive that are for sale on Shooter's Pro Shop website. You might give those a try and maybe that would warm you up to your Roberts.

Hope it grows on you - if not, you know where to sell it!

Rex

Just havent located the barrel i want at this time but im still looking. The sad thing is it has a recent new barrel MPI stock and nice trigger work. It looks nifty. If i dont rebarrel ill probably give it away. Wish i could like the 257 roberta but i have an 7-08 and am set up for it and 308 win. Just one of them things.