Originally Posted by tater74
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Originally Posted by AlleghenyMountain
Another vote for Emperor of the North (Pole), I believe it's been released under both names. My father took me to see it when it first came out, I'm sure he didn't tell Mom what it was about. He's 88 and has a great memory, remembers the hobos coming by looking for food before WW2.

Originally Posted by AlleghenyMountain
Another vote for Emperor of the North (Pole), I believe it's been released under both names. My father took me to see it when it first came out, I'm sure he didn't tell Mom what it was about. He's 88 and has a great memory, remembers the hobos coming by looking for food before WW2.

Wrong... They ain't at the north pole moron...

It was originally called Emperor of the North Pole but the name was changed to avoid confusion with some thinking it might be a holiday movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_of_the_North_Pole
Tater 74 is correct ,.It was released under both titles.... ,Emperor of the North Pole is a 1973 American action adventure film directed by Robert Aldrich, starring Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, and Keith Carradine. It was later re-released on home media (and is more widely known) under the shorter title Emperor of the North, ostensibly chosen by studio executives to avoid being mistaken for a heartwarming holiday story. This original title is a homage to the historic joke among Great Depression-era hobos that the world's best hobo was "Emperor of the North Pole", a way of poking fun at their own desperate situation, implying that somebody ruling over the North Pole would reign over nothing but a vast, barren, cold, empty, and stark wasteland.

Last edited by rem shooter; 05/10/21.

NRA Life Member