Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by Rooster7
We had a babysitter one time that let our oldest daughter (9 at the time) go across town to hang out with boys after dark on a Saturday night. We came home early from our night out and she went on her way, not telling us that our girl was not home in bed like we assumed she was. I caught her sneaking in the house an hour later.

The next morning, I took our daughter and drove straight to the babysitters Mom's place and lit that little bitch up like a Christmas tree in their front yard. When the Mom tried to speak, I just got louder.

The Mom called and apologized later and said her daughter was grounded. She never babysat for us again.

The point is, parents don't ALWAYS know what their kids are up to. You just have to trust that you instilled the values in them that "mostly" keeps them out of trouble.

And when they F up, you let them know it in a manner they won't soon forget.

So you tell us about how you went after the babysitter (who obviously did wrong), but what was the consequence for your daughter who thought it was alright to hang out with guys across town?

Sorry. She was grounded also, for a month.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...