Ive got a new chrome moly barrel on my 7mm08. It's from one of the top cut rifling manufacturers, I'm not going to say who because I'm not interested in a "this brand vs that brand" discussion. I'm developing some loads at the same time I'm breaking in the barrel and shooting 140gr Noslers at about 2800 fps. Im following their breakin process also. After the 3rd time out I see some pretty heavy copper fouling in the groves at the muzzle.

I tried Sweets and Bore Tech CU eliminator over and over and they would not touch it. So I load up some 100 gr varmint bullets to a couple grains below max and shoot 3 shots with that and when I get back to my shop I cant see the copper fouling at the muzzle anymore. I clean with Bore Tech CU and the first soaking the patches turn real blue indicating copper fouling but the 2nd treatment shows clear and copper fouling is gone.

So my question is...............Can the bullet youre shooting and a higher velocity actually help remove copper fouling?

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box