One of the reasons I like the Pro Bed is how it cleans up. I normally get into the recoil lug mortise with a small end mill...clearance the sides and lightly radius the back wall to eliminate any minute edging that remains. Pro Bed just cuts nicely and doesn't try to roll around the end mill...you can hear it as it cuts that's it's staying intact.

Lots of good products out there and huge advancements since the original AcraGlas and AcraGlas Gel days, that's for sure. I still use AcraGlas Gel for bedding scope rings because the Nylon in it gives it just enough flexibility to help conform to the scope tubes without leaving any marks at all. Feel free to connect those dots accordingly as it applies to bedding an action. wink

H.S. Precision used to have a product called 'Accu Bed' that was really ahead of it's time in terms of shrinkage...less that 1/2 of 1%. Now, that's the expected shrinkage number on any quality bedding product. If the mfg. doesn't/won't supply that...or the person doing the bedding can't tell you what the shrinkage is on what they're using...keep looking. wink

A quality, long lasting job is always a good thing.

Just my view from the cheap seats.... smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner