Not sure if it was mentioned above so forgive me if I'm being repetitious. Figure out why it cracked in the first place. The majority of the small cracks I've fixed, particularly in the tang area, were due to bedding problems. Problems mostly caused by wood shrinkage over time but sometimes just poor bedding. Don't fix the cause and the crack will likely come back.

FWIW I've had good success with superglue (the good stuff) on shallow hairline cracks and chips where stresses are light. If there's a structural issue then epoxy and possibly carbon arrow shaft reinforcement.

I reserve hole drilling at the end of the crack for cases where the wood is twisting itself apart and the stock won't be replaced for whatever reason. This spreads the splitting force which would otherwise all be focused at the end of the split. Shouldn't be necessary if the crack is caused by improper bedding. Fix the bedding and abnormal force will no longer be focused on the area of the crack. In that case a normal repair without reinforcement should work.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.