Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
These kids today have it way worse than we did.

Glad for the teacher however.

Outside of 24/7 news cycle and social media, how is it worse?

My grade 3 teacher was physically abusive and the kids who had failed 2 grades were big bullies, physically and verbally. I didn't take a gun to school. I didn't stab them with my pocket knife. There were physical fights in the playgriund sometimes.

It took some time, junior high, but I somewhat got even with JW. I thought I was in for a fight when I spiked the volleyball through his block and hit full on his nose. JW shook his head, llooked at me and said "good hit". I don't remember him bothering me much after that.

In high school, there was two Jansen brothers. Dan was a year older and built like a large man. Tall, broad and tough. His little brother was much smaller and a year younger than me. He was a brat because he operated under Dan's protection. The little twerp was walking up the stairs behind me. He thought it was funny to grab my foot and try to trip me. I told him to smarten up, but he didn't. I got to a landing and turned around, he looked at me with impunity knowing I couldn't do anything for fear of Dan. I told him to stop and shoved his shoulder. I don't recall shoving hard, but the little twerp took flight down the whole flight of stairs and landed in the corner, bounced off the wall and slumped to the ground. I could see a possible beating from Dan because he said he was telling Dan. I next met Dan in intramural volleyball. He stared at me through the net and said he had heard I had pushed his brother down the stairs. I told him what happened. He shook his head like OK. That was the end of it. Maybe he was tired of the twerp too?

Life wasn't always easy in the 70s also, but we didn't shoot or stab people.

You could stand up for yourself and tune up a bully.

I am MAGA.