My opinion is that all the endlessly repeated stuff about LE's regarding brass life, headspace, stretchy action is pure nonsense. Propagated and endlessly repeated by people who are unqualified to comment. Most importantly the .303 is a military cartridge, for which the military does not reload, it was designed to fire reliably under horrid conditions with loose tolerances. We, the reloaders/sportsmen can work around the loose tolerances with just a little common sense. So what do we do with any other cartridge with a long headspace? Yes Virginia, we form a secondary shoulder on the cartridge neck juncture with something like a 8x57 resize die. Thusly, we make damn sure the reloaded cartridge is firmly seated against the bolt face when the cartridge is fired. Presto, we have a fireformed brass case that fits our rifle. That piece of brass, loaded sensibly will last just as long as any other cartridge. I have used HXP, PPU and CIL without failure for 10 cycles. Form your brass to your rifle, ignore the twits who endlessly juggle boltheads because they don't know how to reload. Live long and prosper, headspace be damned.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.