I was not on the road on another traveling adventure bowhunt and since I get so many email and phone calls from readers/viewers/customers about a certain topic, I opted to use the "at home time" to enlighten bowhunters.

I asked this question in more than a dozen groups on social media about broadhead vent noise. 98% of respondents said that vented broadheads are louder than non vented broadheads so I put that theory to the test at the world headquarters of this adventure bowhunter on the back side of our spacious compound in my latest broadhead video.

FYI, I included not 1 but 2 sound meters (decibel meters) and the results matched that of the sound recordings. It would have made the video a hell of a lot longer to show the meters and the readings for each shot and since they didnt add value or disagree with the findings I shortened the video by leaving out the sound meter footage.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The super majority of the readers here are not bowhunters or serious bowhunters so this topic has not likely even entered into your minds (which is why I did not poll followers here in advance since too few of you actually bowhunt)

As far as the noise coming from the bow it self. The very brief sound a bow makes is very short in duration. And its the furthest from the animal. The fletching noise is louder and longer in duration and continues to get closer (so its an approaching sound. ) For that reason I think fletching noise is a worse case than bow noise or broadhead noise.

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/24/21.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,